Thursday, April 6, 2017

Cooked Carrots

I love these carrots! I usually make a large amount to snack on throughout the day and then also to have as a side for dinner. They're the most simple thing ever. Sometimes, I get sick of the same old snacks: raw veggies, fruit, crackers, and granola bars. Snacks are quick, easy, and usually not cooked because of these reasons. A lot of the time, because of convenience, snacks can be pretty unhealthy. I found the perfect solution to this problem with these carrots.
Originally, I just made these as a side for dinners. But, I have this problem-I pick at food so badly! If there is food sitting there, I will test it a few times just to make sure it tastes okay and whatnot. When cooking these for dinner, there was usually only about half the carrots left for dinner- oops! So now, I make them double just to be able to have carrots for snacks throughout the day!
This could be one of the most simple recipes ever. You wash the carrots, and then throw them in the slow cooker. Add some liquid- you can use water, but I prefer using chicken broth. I add about one cup, but there is usually quite a bit of liquid to drain at the end. I would rather this than them burning. Add salt and pepper, butter, or even brown sugar to the carrots for flavor (don't do brown sugar if you cooked with chicken broth, only water).


Ingredients

1 bag baby carrots
1 cup liquid (water or chicken broth)
Optional flavorings:
    Salt and pepper
    Butter
    Brown Sugar

Directions
  1. Wash carrots
  2. Place carrots in slow cooker
  3. Add liquid 
  4. Cook on low for at least 5 hours or high for 3 hours
  5. Drain excess liquid
  6. Add desired flavorings
Enjoy! These work great as a snack or a side dish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment