Thursday, July 27, 2017

No-Bake Raspberry Lemonade Dessert

Oh my, this dessert is amazing!! My mom received this recipe from one of her co-workers and we have loved it since then. Right after I graduated from high school, I competed for Miss Utah representing our county and we had a send-off party and served this dessert there because it was such a favorite of ours! I like how easy it is to make and it can serve quite a few people too. Who would've thought that putting Ritz Crackers and frozen lemonade together would taste this amazing? It's like a Better Than Anything Cake in a light, fruity form. And if you haven't tried Better Than Anything Cake, you have to make that one too, it's the real chocolaty goodness you need in your life! This dessert is one of those that, if you make it for yourself, you keep going back to the fridge to take just another small slice, and it's gone by the end of the day. This recipe was given to my mom by one of her coworkers and has been passed around for a while, I added the raspberries for a fun little texture change!
I'm all about light summer desserts because it seems like there is always another party to go to during the summer. I'm a Mormon (you can learn more about our religion here, and no....we don't practice plural marriages) and when boys turn 18 and girls turn 19, they are given the opportunity to choose to serve a mission for our church. And since everyone is out of school for the summer, many of them leave during those months. Coming from a small town, everyone knows everyone else, and we attend a meeting where the person leaving or returning gives some remarks and then afterwards, we have a dinner and visiting afterwards. So, it seems like almost every Sunday, there is a dinner going on that you can contribute to. So, desserts and salads are on repeat for about five months, and I really don't mind.



My little brother decided to serve a mission and he is giving some remarks this upcoming Sunday, and it's going to be great to hear him and see family. But, he will be gone from home for two years and we will be able to receive an email from him once each week, and then on each Christmas and Mother's Day for that time and that's all the communication we will get to have with him. He's only two years younger than me, so we were in high school together and have spent A LOT of time together growing up, so I will be missing him quite a bit. I didn't choose to go on a mission, and my sister did, but came home after about seven months due to being in kidney failure due to Lupus that she was diagnosed with. So, I haven't left anyone or had anyone leave me for a long period of time, but I know that my brother will be filling his life with service and showing others the love from Christ. I'm going to make this delicious dessert for his farewell as well as some brownies that I'll share with you soon, they're made with two cups of zucchini and you can't even tell.


This dessert is so simple to make! I like to crush the Ritz Crackers in their packaging and then place them in the pan and while in the pan, mix powdered sugar and butter in there. I take about 2 Tbsp. out and set it aside and then press the mixture to the bottom of the pan. I throw everything else in the amazing Kitchen Aid and scrape it out with a spatula. I used frozen raspberries this time, but I would recomment fresh raspberries and just place them on each piece before serving, because the frozen ones weren't my favorite. But, the raspberries are optional, so you don't even need them!

Ingredients
Crust
2 sleeves plain Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Filling
2 cartons Extra Creamy Cool Whip (thawed)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can frozen concentrate raspberry lemonade
1 cup raspberries (optional)

Directions

  1. Spray a 9x13 pan with no-stick spray
  2. Crush Ritz Crackers in sleeve and place in pan
  3. Add powdered sugar and melted butter into Ritz Crackers, set about 2 Tbsp. aside
  4. Press remaining mixture to bottom of pan
  5. Mix Cool Whip, milk, and raspberry lemonade together until combined
  6. Spread Cool Whip mixture on top of Ritz Crackers evenly
  7. Place in freezer for 2 hours 
  8. Serve plain or with raspberries on top, store in fridge or freezer

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment