Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Loaded Spaghetti Sauce for Two

Spaghetti is one of my favorite meals ever! I love how tasteful and filling it is every time you eat it! I am very used to cooking it with pre-made marinara sauce, but thought it would be nice to try a sauce by myself. It's been gloomy here for the past while with scattered rain showers and cloud coverage for the last couple of weeks, with the occasional sun peeking in through the clouds every once-in-a-while. So, a warm and filling meal is exactly what we needed!  I also realized that taking photos when the sun is peaking out of the clouds isn't the best idea for spaghetti sauce, lighting was pretty off when I was taking these photos, but I think that they ended up turning out okay!
I like my spaghetti sauce to be filled with everything, but you could easily take those things out and it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I changed this recipe up a bit from Fox and Briar. Her recipe is marinara sauce and it is about double the amount as mine, so try that one if you want a little more of a simple marinara sauce!




Ingredients
1/2 tsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
18 oz. can diced tomatoes
8 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. ground beef (pictured) or other meatchoice, I love turkey kielbasa
1/2 yellow onion
2 cups mushrooms, sliced



Directions

  1. Cook beef in a pan with some salt and pepper (or other choice of meat)
  2. In a different pan, combine oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes for about 1 minute
  3. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, and salt & pepper to pan with oil in it and cook until simmering
  4. Add cooked beef, onion, and mushroom to pan with sauce, cook on low until mushrooms and onions are finished to your liking
  5. Serve over choice of pasta 


Also, make sure to follow me on social media! Links are at the top right hand corner of the page.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment