Saturday, May 27, 2017

Yummy Ritz Cracker Chicken


One of my favorite things about getting married and recieving new family members is the new food that I have been introduced to- you know, added to the great people you are now faily with!  You grow up eating food that is familiar to your specific family and heritage and you absolutely love it, but becoming a part in a new family, you are able to try so many new things. One of my favorites that my mother-in-law makes is what they call "Yummy Chicken". It's covered in Ritz Crackers and is crispy and buttery, such a perfect chicken bake!
This is a very simple recipe, and it is a switch-up from your regular battered chicken. Using plain yogurt makes it savory and really keeps the chicken soft while cooking. 
My awesome sister-in-law runs a food blog, High Heels and Grills, and I retrieved the recipe from there. My recipe is catered to a smaller number of people, so check out her Baked Ritz Garlic Parmesan Chicken Strips if you're making these for more than about 2-3 people (or you can just double this recipe, but I'd totally recommend reading her posts because they're great)! 
The simplicity of this recipe is unreal! All you need is chicken, plain yogurt, Ritz crackers, parmesan cheese, garlic & seasoned salt, butter, and salt & pepper. I just crumble up the Ritz in their packaging and put them in, it's a lot less time consuming than transferring them to a plasticbag. I also like to experiment with the different flavors of crackers, so far, the "Everything" flavor has been my favorite.  SO EASY!! You can bake it on a cookie sheet, or a 3x19, and it turns out perfect every single time. 



I could easily say that this is one of my favorite meals to make. I love it on Fridays for a "fun" meal, and it's even perfect for those weeknights when you need a yummy meal (Yummy Chicken is really the perfect name for it).

Ingredients

1 lb. chicken (tenderloins work the best, but if you use chicken breasts, I usually cut them in half and then half those again)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (this is the amount used in the full recipe also, I just like the cheese) 
1 tsp. garlic salt 
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt 
1-2 Tbsp. melted butter (optional)








Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350℉
  2. Salt and pepper chicken to taste
  3. Place yogurt in bowl and stir with a fork for a minute or so 
  4. Add cracker crumbs, cheese, garlic salt, and seasoned salt into another bowl
  5. Dip indivudual chicken pieces in yogurt, then crumbs, and place on baking dish (I prefer a 9x13 pan) 
  6. Drizzle melted butter over coated chicken pieces 
  7. Cook in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through

I hope you enjoy this recipe!



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment