Friday, April 7, 2017

Fruit Dip

I've been trying to be eating better snacks recently. I try not to snack, but learned in my nutrition class that it's actually pretty good for you if you make sure to eat smaller meals. It's better for your metabolism if you eat five small meals throughout the day instead of three large meals. It's a work in progress, and I think I weill always have three meals, but smaller meals with snacks in between will probably be my go-to. And as much as I love chips and salsa (because I could live the rest of my life off of that stuff) there are way better options like this for healthier snacks!
There is a wonderful woman who I gew up in my high school years with the opportunity of knowing. I looked up to her very much, and her daughter was a huge role model to me. Now, her daughter is actually my sister-in-law and I am able to spend time with her regularly. They both have this wonderful spirit to them and are some of the most enjoyable people to be around. The mother owns a website, Lioness at the Door . I recently started following it, and I would recommend it to anyone for some extra positivity. One of her most recent blog posts featured Real Food Snacks. I tried the fruit dip and absolutely LOVED it! I never eat enough fruit, and this dip adds just a little "extra" to apples and even grapes. My fruit always ends up going bad because I can't finish it in time, but this fruit dip reminds me to eat the fruit because I want to keep eating it- haha!
It uses cream cheese, molasses, honey, and a little bit of vanilla. If you don't like molasses, I guess you could use brown sugar or something, but I think it tastes just fine if you add the correct amount of molasses- it mixes very well. It's the perfect little snack, I saw my nephew eating it the other night and loving it, so it proves that even kids like it!
Ingredients:
1 block of cream cheese (I chose low fat)
1 1/2- 2 Tbsp. molasses (or brown sugar if you prefer)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. honey

Directions:

  1. Mix all ingredients together- simple as that!
  2. Dip fruit into dip and store in fridge





No comments:

Post a Comment