Sunday, April 16, 2017

Grandma's Chicken Marinade

For my wedding, one of my sweet grandmas made me recipe cards, and they're some of my favorite to try because I know that my mom grew up with these recipes and they are true and tested by somebody who I trust. Do you ever try recipes on Pinterest and they just don't work out? I made one of those today that was a gravy and it's so  disappointing, it was even for a dinner at a friend's house, so we couldn't even bring it- good thing she had extra gravy for the meal. My mom said she has a curse that always ruins food whenever she is cooking it for company. I'm pretty sure that I inherited that from her because I have that struggle quite often!
This recipe is, as always my style, super easy. It's a chicken marinade so I love to put it in the morning and let it sit throughout the day and let it marinade all day long. I like to put it in a large bowl or in a Ziploc bag. Whenever my parents marinaded chicken, they'd use soda in it and I loved it, the carbonation makes it taste so much better! Sprite is best for chicken marinade and Coke for a red meat!




Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup apple juice or red cider vinegar
1 cup Sprite
3 crushed garlic cloves
1 Tbsp. garlic cloves
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup brown sugar
1-2 Tbsp. oil

Directions:
  1. Mix ingredients and marinade chicken breasts
  2. Grill or bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
  3. Good for around six chicken breasts 

No comments:

Post a Comment