Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs- Reece's Copycat


Reece's chocolate eggs are my weakness. I like regular Reece's but the creamy eggs just speak to me. You know how they put Easter candy out shortly before Valentine's Day and everyone is upset? I'm not because it means I can buy myself a chocolate egg. This year, I decided to bring an Easter treat home to my family and thought I would give these eggs a go. My favorite thing about them is that they're super rich so you pretty much can only eat one and then stop instead of eating a whole pack like I normally do.
I love Easter. Coming from a small town, we have a city Easter egg hunt each year, and for as long as I can remember, I have helped stuff the eggs beforehand and set them out for the kids to pick up at the local park. My family is religious, so we always celebrate the Easter Bunny and egg hunting the day before Easter Sunday so we can focus on Christ on Easter Sunday where we read in the Bible and discuss His death and resurrection. I have enjoyed this tradition because it's fun to have fun, but also a great time to love and appreciate what Easter is about. Another reason why I love Easter is because of the movies. My favorite Easter movies are: "It's the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown", "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" (original version), and "The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town"- this one is my absolute favorite because of the colors and graphics, it's adorable! Spring is beautiful and the flowers for Easter is another highlight of this time for me.
I would definately recommend getting an egg-shaped cookie cutter before starting these. I completely forgot and ended up cutting them all individually, which was honestly a little bit of a hassle. So, get a cookie cutter and it will make this a lot easier and way more enjoyable to make. Another hint: keep them in the freezer while dipping in chocolate. Don't take the whole sheet out, just one or two at a time so they stay frozen and don't break in the hot chocolate you're dipping them in. The recipe was found from The Recipe Critic.
It's a very simple recipe, and I was surprised with it. This is a no-bake recipe, so that makes it easier too! Just mix it up (I use my Kitchen Aid for all of my mixing needs, it's my favorite appliance in my home) cut, freeze, and dip. So simple!
Ingredients
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup melted butter
2 Tbsp. milk
2 bags milk chcoclate chips
2 Tbsp. shortening

Directions

  1. Mix together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter. Make sure it is crumbly/creamy. It should slightly resemble like cookie dough. 
  2. Add the milk and it will make it a little creamier, but try to keep it a little crumbly by adding a small amount of extra powdered sugar. 
  3. Roll the dough out of a floured surface. It's super sticky, so make sure to keep if floured. 
  4. Cut out in egg shapes with cookie cutter (preferred) or with a knife. 
  5. Place on cookie sheet and freeze for about an hour. 
  6. After they're been freezing, melt together chocolate chips and shortening. 
  7. Take eggs out one or two at a time and dip in chocolate-you can use a spoon to help cover them. Place on a new cookie sheet. 
This recipe made about 24 eggs. 
Enjoy! 



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment