Thursday, June 1, 2017

Easy Apple Muffins

Yay for the weekend that is almost here! In the summer, sometimes it's hard to keep track of the days,  but I always know when Friday is here because it means that Michael is off of work for the weekend! He works 4-10's so he usually gets a 3-day weekend and it's so nice! I spend most of my days alone for the most part, so having somebody to talk to all day is amazing! I have always had a huge love for the weekends. We'd usually get a pizza during one of the weekend nights growing up and when you're a kid, pizza is the best food ever (and as an adult I guess...I still LOVE pizza haha). My dad was also a football coach, so we always got those Friday Night Lights gorwing up, another HUGE highlight to my weekends. Another one of my favorite things about the weekend was that Saturday was cleaning day...I loved cleaning so much! 😂 Mopping the floors and cleaning the windows were some of my favorite things to do, I still love it most days. I like seeing the ippediate results from cleaning. But, one of the absolute BEST things about the weekends were the apple muffins my mom would make every few Saturday mornings. We usually had oatmeal or cereal for breakfast, so the muffins were a huge switch-up, and they're even dipped in sugar, and who doesn't love sugar?!


These muffins are super easy! You can be finished in 35 minutes or less with these yummy things. The simplicity of them is a great opportunity for your kids to help make something and learn how to measure food items. My mom would always let us dip them after they came out of the over, and I'm pretty sure my siblings and I put 3x more sugar on them than we should've.

This is a great recipe because it's made with regular ingredients that are just sitting in your kitchen. I ususally make them for breakfast and then they're gone by the end of the day. I guess they're more of a dessert muffin, but oh well, breakfasts can be fun sometimes too! It's been a family recipe passed down from my grandma, it's been so much fun to try these that I know my family has always loved! 

You start my preheating the oven. Next, you add the dry ingredients in a bowl, and then everything else in a blender. Combine them up until they're all mixed together. Get your muffin tins out, place muffin cups inside (and I like to spray a tiny bit of no-stick spray in them). Drop the mixture into the tins until about 3/4 the way full and it'll make about 12 for you! Throw them in the oven for about 23 minutes and after they've cooled about 5 minutes, dip them in the butter and then sugar. That's it! I like to eat them warm and they fill you right up!

Ingredients

Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce or grated raw apples

Topping
2-3 Tbsp. melted butter
1/4 cup sugar+ 2 tsp. cinnamon


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350℉
  2. Sift dry ingredients in a bowl
  3. In a blender, mix together sugar, shortening, egg, milk, and apple 
  4. Add to dry ingredients and stir with a fork 
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes
  6. While cooking, melt butter in one bowl and add sugar and cinnamon into another
  7. When finished cooking, dip top of muffins in butter then sugar mixture
  8. Eat while warm and enjoy! 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment