Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

It’s October!! So that means pumpkin EVERYTHING….right!? October is the beginning to my favorite three months of the whole entire year! I love Autumn and everything that it brings along with it. Even though it brought snow with it this year to Utah already and I think that was jumping the gun a bit there. I absolutely LOVE the chilly weather and the colorful falling leaves. I also love fall fashion: the sweaters, boots, scarves, jackets, everything!! Living in Southern Utah, it’s a bit warmer here than the rest of the state it feels like sometimes, and then it feels like it’s colder than the rest of the state from harsh winds at others haha I guess I should just be happy I’m not snowed in regularly. We enjoy hiking in Zion National Park and it’s pretty warm there in the summer, and we try to visit it more in the spring and fall since it’s cooler to hike and enjoy the weather during those times. We visited with family a couple weeks ago and hope to stop there at least one or two more times before it’s too cold to be enjoyable out there.



Living in a small town, we didn’t have a big bakery in our town. We had a small one that made rolls and donuts, but that’s about it. We had to drive to the next city for basic bakery finds, and their pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were heaven! My mom and I have this thing where we don’t want to eat a lot of the treats we make or buy, so we break off small pieces of them….and we usually end up eating more than we probably would’ve just by taking a whole piece. And those pumpkin cookies are always big, so I remember we’d always have pieces of them in the box and realize that it would’ve been better to just take the whole cookie in the first place. We always put Saturday aside for cleaning while growing up, and cleaning in the fall was my favorite. We’d have a super clean house and my mom would put on a scented candle, we’d have pumpkins decorating our front porch, and my mom would go grocery shopping for the next week and bring us pumpkin cookies that we could eat if we completed our housework for the day. It’s funny how much you love the little things in life and how they mean the most to you. I hope to be able to bring these things I loved into my own house.


So, I obviously love fall and cookies. What’s new? This recipe is easy, tastes amazing, and I could eat the whole batch all by myself. And I better share it with you now so you can make them and love this time of year as much as I do. Recipe from Cooking Classy.




Ingredients
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350℉
  2. Prepare cookie sheets by lightly coating them with cooking spray (too much spray won’t be good for the bottoms of those cookies)
  3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a bowl In a mixing bowl (KitchenAid) mix sugars and oil together, add egg and vanilla, mix well
  4. Add in pumpkin puree
  5. Slowly add in flour mixture at a low speed
  6. Fold in chocolate chips with spatula 
  7. Drop dough onto cookie sheets (about 2 Tbsp. size drops) making 9 cookies
  8. Bake for about 11 minutes until tops are solid (you’ll think the cookies don’t look quite finished, but if the tops are solid, you are fine)
  9. Let sit on cookie sheet for one more minute and then transfer to a cooling rack
  10. Store in a closed container

No comments:

Post a Comment