Thursday, February 23, 2017

Easy Like Sunday Morning Banana Bread

Cereal and oatmeal are the everyday breakfast choice for us, Sundays are the only exception. It's the day where I will spend time to make a real, homemade breakfast. This bread is the perfect thing to wake up and bake for the perfect breakfast on a Sunday morning.
I'm always guilty for buying a bunch of bananas thinking that we will eat all of them, and never do. I cut them up in cereal, for toast, eat them plain, in yogurt and smoothies, I try to find every way I can to use bananas, but there always seem to be leftovers for some reason?! They always sit in the corner until it's time to throw them away, thinking that we will use them for something. Well, this is the someting that you can use them for! No, you don't use rotted bananas, but the mooshier (yea, that's a word) the better! 
Banana Bread
This is the easiest bread I have ever made. It's a cake bread, so definately not your healthy breakfast of the week. I like that this recipe makes two loaves because it means one for breakfast and another for sneaking throughout the week, or in my case, probably day. 



Ingredients
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1 cup shortening
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flour
3 cups (about 4) mashed bananas 
1 cup nuts
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Grease and flour two bread pans
  3. Mix ingredients in order in large bowl
  4. Pour half into one bread pan
  5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350° and 15 minutes at 325°
  6. Let cool, cut around edges and let cool on cooling rack 
  7. Mix other half again and repeat baking process

P.S., this whole post, every time I have written out the word 'banana' this whole post, I keep thinking of Kelly Kapoor from The Office spelling it out! (Picture from Buzzfeed.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment