Monday, August 28, 2017

Chicken Biscuit Rolls

Today is the first day of school for my junior year in my undergrad and I am honestly so excited to be here! Even though the work in college is difficult, it's so rewarding for me. And honestly, I wouldn't have started this blog if it wasn't for one of my classes that I took last year. We were given a project to start a blog of our choosing and post once per week. We used blogs, social media, presentations, and planning throughout the semester and I absolutely loved it! When the time came that the class was over, I decided to keep up with blogging because it was so much fun for me and I seriously enjoyed planning something out and making things the way I liked. It has helped me with social media, cooking better meals, and staying organized so much better. I believe that is one thing about college that some people misunderstand, that they're tyring to push you into a big career or something. When in reality, they're trying to help you find something that you love and enjoy doing. Even though the class I took was for a personal blog and marketing, it helped me find a hobby that I love to do!




These Chicken Biscuit Rolls were a favorite of mine while growing up. They weren't our everyday meal, so eating them was definately a treat! Serve them with mashed potatoes and they'll be a favorite for everyone. My husband, Michael, doesn't like food to mush together really, and he dislikes most sauces for this very reason. So, I was a little worried he wouldn't like this recipe because of the chicken inside mixing with cream cheese. But, he absolutely LOVED them (he's also a sucker for gravy on anything, so I think that probably helped too).
The recipe is super simple (as usual). The only thing I forget sometimes, is that the chicken needs to be cooked before you can make these. You can use canned chicken, but I'm not a huge fan of that. You could also use Rotisserie or any other pre-cooked chicken and shred it if you don't want to bake it time-of for a quicker meal. I usually don't use canned, cream soups, but this recipe calls for it for the gravy. I prefer to make my own chicken broth. I use The Cookin' Chicks recipe for gravy! Also, these photos show that I cooked them in a pan instead of a cooking sheet, and they don't cook as well on the pan (I was in the middle of moving so I only had a glass pan). The cookie sheet cooks the outside to be a bit crisper.

Ingredients
Chicken:
1/3 cup crushed croutons
3 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp. softened butter
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup shredded, cooked chicken
1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls

Gravy:
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups chicken broth
OR
Simple Chicken Gravy recipe



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375℉ 
  2. Cook chicken and shred it (can easily be shredded by placing chicken breast in KitchenAid or hand mixer)
  3. Combine cream cheese, softened butter, and pepper, add chicken and mix well, but do not overmix 
  4. In a small bowl, place crushed croutons
  5. In another bowl, place melted butter
  6. Open crescent rolls and seperate into 8 pieces along lines
  7. Place 1/8 of the chicken mixture onto small end of each piece of dough and individually roll pieces, tucking sides in so it won't fall out
  8. Place each roll into butter, then croutons, coating completely
  9. Put each roll into a cookie sheet 
  10. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
  11. While rolls are cooking, prepare gravy
  12. You can place rolls in gravy right before serving, or top each roll with the gravy
  13. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment