Thursday, August 3, 2017

Mixed Roasted Veggies

These roasted veggies are a favorite of mine! They’re as customizable as you’d like them to be. I like to bring them for Sunday dinner at my parents’ house because anyone can eat them. My brothers don’t like a lot of veggies, but they can pick and choose what they like off of the pan and put it on their plates to eat.
Now that it’s August, it means that school is starting this month (not until the 28, but still)….and it has put me in “back-to-school/Autumn mode”. Summer is pretty much over for me it feels like, and these last few weeks are going to be busy ones! Next week, my little brother is leaving on a 2 year service mission in Arkansas, so we won’t see him for two whole years, hopefully it goes by fast because I’m going to miss him! A few days after that, my husband’s brother and his wife are having their wedding reception. They were married just about two months ago, but it had to be kind of rushed because my father-in-law was going to marry them and he was being released as a bishop that next week, so they decided to get married a little earlier than anticipated and have their wedding reception on the planned date. I’m so excited to attend their reception to celebrate their marriage and cute family. And also, because it means family members who have been living in Texas and Wyoming are coming back to Utah and I’m looking forward to seeing them! All my nieces and nephews get to be in one place haha. That’s one of my favorite parts about being married into this family, Michael’s the youngest in his family so everyone has kids already that we get to play with. On my side of the family, I’m the only one married so it’s fun having two such different family dynamics because of the age differences.


These veggies are about as easy as it gets. You just cut everything up, sprinkle some stuff on it, and throw it in the oven! This is all veggies, but feel free to add chicken to this recipe too!



Ingredients
Veggies of Choice
Purple onions
Bell peppers
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Squash
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms
Brussel sprouts

Seasoning
Olive oil-1 Tbsp. or less
Garlic powder-1/2 tsp.
Onion powder-1/2 tsp.
Salt & pepper to taste
(You can add fresh herbs too, they’d be amazing! Thyme, and rosemary would be my choices.)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 450℉
  2. Prepare a cookie sheet with tin foil and no-stick spray
  3. Cut veggies to your liking
  4. Toss in a bowl with olive oil
  5. Lay out on pan and sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly
  6. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until they reach your desired doneness

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment