Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Lemon Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken

I am ALWAYS searching for a new slow cooker meal. They’re my favorite because I can just throw them in and then they’re all ready for dinner. With the warmer months coming up, I think I am looking for them a lot more now. The oven heats up the house too much, so the slow cooker is usually my go-to. I feel like this is a great recipe because it’s pretty healthy, a lot of the recipes I find for chicken and the slow cooker have a lot of creamy soups and other fattening ingredients. I love those recipes, and that’s the problem, I eat too much of it and it’s unhealthy, so I have to save them for special occasions- not every day! I was so excited when I found this recipe and it tasted SO GOOD paired with rice and green beans. Have you ever had green beans with lemons or lemon pepper, it’s amazing. So, I had to try them with this and oh my, delicious! 
This recipe is perfect! The lemon-garlic mixture has a fresh taste to it and it compliments the chicken very well. It’s super easy too: mix the spices and pat onto chicken, throw onto fryer for about 2 min. each side, and throw into the crockpot with liquids and garlic. Simple as that! 





Ingredients

4 small chicken breasts (or two large cut into half)
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup chicken broth 
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (add more depending on how strong you want the lemon flavor) 
1-2 tsp. minced garlic 
2 tsp. minced parsley 
Lemon slices for topping 


Directions
  1. Mix oregano, seasoned salt, and pepper in small bowl
  2. Pat mixture onto chicken breasts
  3. Heat olive oil in a large pan
  4. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 2 min. on each side until spices are slightly cooked into the chicken 
  5. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic to slow cooker
  6. Add chicken and cook on HIGH setting for 4-5 hours 
  7. For the last half hour, add parsley and lemon slices to the top of each piece of chicken to add flavor


I hope you like this recipe! 





Recipe from Just a Pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment