Saturday, July 15, 2017

Lemon Bread


This lemon bread is fantastic! It makes one loaf, so that's perfect for a small number of people. This is, of course, more of a dessert bread, so the one loaf works great for me so I can make sure not to overeat like crazy. Bread is one thing that Michael and I can eat a TON of (and sadly, it doesn't even matter which kind). This lemon bread has been a favorite of mine for years. One of our family friends made it for us every year for Christmas, and it was one of my favorite Holiday treats. After we were married, Michael tried some and absolutely LOVED it, and even asked for it on his birthday instead of a cake. So, it's now on repeat for our treats we choose every once-in-a-while. 
This bread is pretty simple to make. I use my KitchenAid to mix it. Honestly, I use my Kitchen Aid all of the time. For breakfast, I like to beat pancake or waffle batter in it, and it always leaves it perfect. Muffin mix in this thing is great too, especially if you're using fresh fruit, because it doesn't mash them up too much. I also use it to mash motatoes (instead of actually mashing them) and it whips them up to make them super creamy. You can also knead bread in your KitchenAid! And, of course, I use it for all of my desserts that I love: cookie dough, brownie and cake batter, breads, and cupcakes. It's my go-to, and I am always so excited to find something new to do with it. 
So, last time I tried to make this bread, right before it was finished mixing, the power in our neighborhood went out and it was out forever! Thankfully, my parents live about 10 minutes away and I brought it to their house to bake. It was so bad for me because I am one of those batter eaters, and with it sitting there for so long, I probably ate quite a bit. Unless you have an unfortunate glitch like that, this bread is so easy to make! You just mix everything up and throw it in the oven. 

Ingredients

Bread: 
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
Yellow food coloring

Glaze: 
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325℉
  2. Prepare a bread pan by covering with cooking spray and a light coat of flour
  3. Mix oil, sugar, and eggs
  4. Mix in milk, flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon extract
  5. Add in about 4 drops of food coloring (or until the color you want is reached)
  6. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center is clean
  7. While baking, mix glaze together
  8. Take out of the oven, and poke holes in the top with a fork
  9. Pour glaze on top of bread
  10. Let cool and then take the bread out of pan
  11. Eat immediaty and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment