Monday, July 17, 2017

Week One Dinner Plan

I'm excited to start sharing dinner plans with all of you. One of the hardest things for me when we were first married was planing meals. My mom did a wonderful job of it growing up. She would let each child pick a meal they wanted from a list and we would help make that meal on the night it was planned for. She let us help with shopping at times, and it was always fun to be part of the whole meal process. After a while into our marriage, I decided I wanted to plan meals a little better and did just what my mom did, planning meals and shopping once each week for all of them. This actually saves money, because taking daily trips to the sotre, you don't see how much money you are spending on food, where when you take one trip you see how much you are putting towards your groceries, and make sure that you're only purchasing needed items.

My meals focus on the meat that we want that week, and I want to get out of that habit a little bit and eat less meat, but it works for us right now! My husband is a nutrition major while in his undergrad, so we are learning a lot about foods and the benefits of each of them. So, we are slowly but surely entering more of a helthy diet, but one thing I know about us is that we can't take our favorites (pizza, breads, sugars...you know, the "bad stuff") out of our diets, so we try to limit them as much as we can. We love food, so we try to use it correctly so it won't come back to bite us in the butt someday. I try to eat mostly chicken meals, occasionally we have turkey, 1 lb. or less of beef or pork each week, tilapia or shrimp for our fish. It works for us, and we are huge on leftovers, so we always have enough food!

This meal plan links three of my recipes so you can find the ingredients you need there! The other meals will be coming to The Pinstriped Pantry soon!


Meal Plan
Monday- Chicken Stir Fry with brown rice
Tuesday- Blackened Tilapia Tacos
Wednesday- Spaghetti
Thursday- Chicken Rolls with Quinoa
Friday- Vegetable Omelettes
Saturday- "Fun Meal" (frozen dinners, grilled cheese and canned soup, pizza)
Sunday- Spinach Basil Lasagna and cooked carrots

I hope you like this meal plan and can cater it to your own taste!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment